With only a few moments left of this around-the-world trip, I have been pondering my favorite memories of 2008.
Because I can not choose the most beautiful country, or the friendliest people or the tastiest food, I have compiled a list of the times I felt overwhelmed with happiness and gratitude. If I could go back to these moments, I would be able to travel another full year!
Top Ten Adventures of a World Traveler
1. The four-day Mediterranean Blue Cruise from Fethiye- Turkey
2. The vineyard and bike journey through Mendoza´s wine country- Argentina
3. Waking up on a roof deck in Jerusalem to the smell of freshly baked bread and sensing the spiritual ambiance of the city – Israel
4. Coromandel Peninsula´s Hot Water Beach with friends- New Zealand (North Island)
5. All-night karaoke festivities- Hong Kong
6. Rottnest Island´s serene beaches and bike routes- Australia
7. Meeting up with family and old friends along the way- New Zealand, Australia, Thailand, Hong Kong, India, The Netherlands, Hungary, Greece, England, Italy and Argentina
8. Nha Trang´s massages and fresh fruit delivered right to the beach chair- Vietnam
9. Chiang Mai´s motorbike route into the countryside- Thailand
10. Reaching the top of The Golan Heights, overlooking the Sea of Galilee, after a 3 day steep bike journey- Israel
If you are interested in reading the details of any of these adventures, use the search box to type in a key word and find the entire article.